I really meant to write about my birthday weeks ago (because with my increasing old age I would probably forget how I celebrated it if i didn’t), but I was trying to cram too much in a post and everything got unwieldy so I kept lying on the couch in the middle of writing and falling asleep. So basically, in my birthday week I:
- Pigged out: Iggy’s, Peramakan, favourite Indian veggie place in the East which I don’t know the name of (it’s on Ceylon Road next to the Hindu temple), Tung Lok a la carte buffet at Paramount (last mentioned here, and it’s still awesome), far too much oyster omelette, BBQ stingray, teh ping and beer.
- Finally watched the Watchmen.
- Attended Of Montreal, Battles, and Cinematic Orchestra gigs.
- Took delivery of my new mixer.
- Threw a recession party (home made soup and bread).
Reading all that back, I don’t seem to be very grown up and mature. Oh well! (More details on some of these in future posts.)