- Pressing the accelerator as hard as I’ve been used to doing in Daytona, including the time I kicked Alec’s ass, produces an alarmingly loud vrrrrOOOOOOOOMMM.
- The rear-view mirror is just big enough to notice my bad hair day in, but not big enough to fix it in.
- I seem to have gone all these 23 years without noticing my short, weak left leg.
- While walking through the circuit ground in order to get to the service counter of the driving school, do not take any known rules of traffic for granted. I was reminded today, while concentrating more intently on mastering turns than not mowing pedestrians down, of my realization when I learnt skiing that I wouldn’t want to be downslope from me. At least they put an extra brake pedal on the instructor’s side of the car.
- Note to self: When rollin’ along in my 5 point o, with my ragtop down so my hair can blow, releasing the clutch too abruptly will produce the required jerky car-bouncy effect. Good to remember.