I’m not generally into memes unless they’re about music but Little Miss Drinkalot tagged me, and at the moment answering the meme seems a lot easier than writing about King Kong, the Chronicles of Narnia (the movie plus, well, my entire childhood), the Lunarin gig we attended a couple of weeks ago, the Mormon who evangelized to us on the way there, the emergency surgery my family’s second cat (not Casey, we have a newish outdoors one I never got round to writing about here) had to undergo this evening, or Truman Capote’s The Grass Harp which is kicking my ass with its wonderfulness.
I avoid memes because they too easily become subterfuge for lack of content, but hey, today I’m using this meme to compensate for an excess of content! Which makes it okay! (Well not really, but I needed some token introductory paragraphs. Onwards.)
4 jobs you’ve had in your life
- Relief teacher (In my old school, Katong Convent. Loved it.)
- Tuition teacher (To one of my students there who needed a little extra help. Loved it.)
- Recording for an automated phone voice message system ($100 per hour! Pity it only took 2.)
- Lawyer (As part of my scholarship bond. It’s fine so far.)
4 movies you could watch over and over
- Coming To America (Sexual Chocolate – best band name ever)
- This Is Spinal Tap (“They were still booing him when we came on stage.”)
- Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me (“You are HAIRY! Like ANIMAL!”)
- The English Patient (Gorgeous book, film, lead actor.)
[Very different answers would have been given if this had asked for my 4 favourite movies. I only tend to do multiple viewings of movies that make me laugh or make me horny, but I still love many films that do neither.]
4 TV shows you love(d) to watch
- The X-Files
- ‘Allo ‘Allo
- ________ Idol
- America’s Next Top Model, baybee!
4 places you’ve lived
- Bedok, Singapore (5 years)
- Fitzrovia, London (1 year)
- Bloomsbury, London (3 years)
- Katong, Singapore (16 years and counting)
4 places you’ve been on vacation to
- Istanbul (among other places in amazing, amazing Turkey)
- Dubrovnik (totally worth every bit of energy and expense it took to get there)
- Berlin (apart from London, the most fascinating city I’ve been to)
- Krakow (you think you’ve heard it all before about Auschwitz, but you go there and realize that was all just…words)
4 places you would rather be
- For variety’s sake, Berlin. But it’s really London.
4 of your favourite foods
- Salmon sashimi
- The McSpicy burger!
- Ben & Jerry’s Cherry Garcia
- Garlic, any time any place any way
4 websites you visit daily
- Matt (The Lounge Walrus) – done!
- The Erebus + Terror
- Notchet (Gadzooks! She tagged me almost simultaneously!)
[Don’t worry, I totally won’t be offended if you don’t do memes and don’t want to do this. But it’s just that I’d be interested in your answers. :) ]