Just because, here are 5 highlights of my 2005:
- Alec moving to Singapore, after one and a half years of us living on different continents.
- Having an awesome birthday. For once, lots of people actually remembered, and I attended one of the best gigs of my life.
- My best friend Russ visiting me in Singapore. Every moment of our time together was great but one thing that made me especially happy was dancing to the Scratch Perverts at Zouk together – they were the DJs we saw the first time we went clubbing together, on our first visit to a very newly-opened Fabric, having just met each other in the first week of our first year of university. Six years later, so much had changed for us but the important things hadn’t.
- Not having cancer really rocked, and the outpouring of concern I received from strangers and friends alike touched me deeply.
- An amazing holiday to London, Norway and Germany, which had the perfect balance between time with dear friends in beloved places and adventures alone in the new and fascinating. The travel journal entries are still a work in progress but rereading them fills me with joy.
Other cool things happened to me too, but these stand out. I hope all of you had a good year too, and wish you health, happiness, joy and love in the next. :)